What being a Sprinkler Fitter is about
Sprinkler Fitters specialize in the installation, maintenance, and repair of all types of fire protection and extinguishing systems. This includes underground supply piping which is connected to an integrated overhead piping system for suppression of fire. The majority of the work deals directly with automatic sprinkler systems. A Sprinkler Fitter's tools and equipment range from pipe wrenches and pipe threading machines to welding equipment and man lifts. Sprinkler Fitters must have no fear of heights, a good sense of balance, and an above average sense of safety for themselves and their coworkers.
- Age 18 or older
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass drug screen
- Good physical condition
- Recommended High School Courses: General math, Algebra I, Geometry, Drafting, Science, and English.
Sprinkler Fitter Apprenticeship Program
- Length of Indentureship (Apprenticeship): 5 years
- On the job training, plus related training which is conducted primarily via independent study.
How to Apply
Applications may be obtained by appointment.