What being a Glazier is about
Glaziers lay out, cut, fabricate, and install glass, aluminum curtain and window wall systems, aluminum door entrances, and raw glass settings in custom framing materials. The work is performed in commercial, residential, and industrial settings ranging from skylights and storefronts to high-rises and hospitals. Most of the work is done outside and sometimes at great heights off of work platforms, scaffolding, or stages. Glaziers use power tools including grinders, drills, saws and hand tools including glass-cutters, suction cups, and glazing knives.
- Age 18 or older
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass drug screen
- Good physical condition
Glazier Apprenticeship Program
- Applicant must complete application and personal interview.
- Length of Indentureship (Apprenticeship): 4 years
- Minimum hours of related classroom training: 160 hours/year
- Length of probationary period: 12 months or 1,500 work hours
- The term of apprenticeship shall not be less than 6,000 hours
How to Apply
Applications may be obtained by appointment.
International Union of Painters & Allied Trades
1345 Northside Blvd.
South Bend, IN 46615